Summer Dew Point

Friday, September 4, 2009

Photos for Another Candy

This will be a real quick blog today. Candy D from Country Life and All the Fixings is going to learn rug hooking. She has asked to see some of mine. So here are some finished and some work in progress.
Rug Hooking
The Yellow Lady Slipper, 10” x 16”, is being done in a #3 strip.



Rug Hooking
This it the top to my rug hooking tool box. Done with #3 strips. 2.5” x 9”. That is gold thread embroidered for accents.


Rug Hooking
My first project, still not done. A big rug of primrose, 28” x 35”. Don’t start too large, Candy. Done with hand torn ¼” and #8 strips.

Rug Hooking
A Scottish Thistle. It will someday be a pillow. 19” x 21”. Hooking with #5 strips.

Rug Hooking
A Is For Apple. A kit done in a class, 7” x 10”. My first finished project. Done with #8 strips.

Still Night at Murphy's Landing
You have probably already seen this. My best piece yet, a gift to Sister Connie. Still Night at Murphy’s Landing, 18” x 24”. Hooked with #3 and #5 strips.

There you go Candy. I really hope you like “Hooking” as much as I do. Have fun and let us see your projects when they are done.

3 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Thank you so much Candy. I love the rug you did for Connie, but I also love them all. You are doing very well, they are very pretty. Do you have a wool cutter? Also, have you explored the punch rug hooking? I have been looking at that too :)

Candy

Unknown said...

They are so pretty.

Gail V said...

Candy,
I'm so glad I stopped by to read! I was at the WI sheep and wool festival this weekend and talked lots to the rug hookers.
I can tell I want to try that someday. You went to Detta's and didn't stop in Hamburg! You have to, another time. Maple is waiting for your visit! (When I think of selling her (not often), I think of you.)
I would love to spin/visit whatever with you and Connie s sometime.