Summer Dew Point

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello Again

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday. I have been so neglect lately and haven’t even been reading my favorite blogs. But I did get goodies baked for Christmas, a trip back to Rapid City and a safe trip home in the time I have ignored my computer.

And now I am packed and ready to head up to Marshall to work the tax season. I was going to leave today, but the storm yesterday and the bitter high winds with ground blizzards today have kept me home. I hope to go tomorrow when the plows have been out to clear the roads. Once I get there and set up, I am going to try to get reconnected with my blogger friends. I know there is a lot of reading for me to do. And I’ll strive to even do a little more writing.

In the mean time, I’ll leave you with a few photos.


The Storm

Yesterday’s storm with HUGH snowflakes.

Grove Snowstorm
The grove during the storm. Somewhere in there are a lot of deer.

Hunting Squirrels
And last, Obie and Gandalf squirrel hunting. A constant pastime.

PS. My brioche did not turn out a pretty as the earlier photo, but it was very tasty. And after 3 trys, I had good enough loaves to give some away.

3 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

So, has the duo caught any squirrels or just dream about them? We have sun and wind and cold today --- and I was wrong - the snow plow had NOT gone through, so it was very tricky traveling from one farm to the next. Hope the plows go through in the morning so you can get out.

Jnlang said...

Have fun in Marshal, Give the girls hugs from us.
Joy

John Going Gently said...

happy new year over there!
belated that is