Summer Dew Point

Friday, November 19, 2010

I Am So Ashamed

Did you know that November 17 is National Home Made Bread Day? No one told me. So I was out shopping instead of observing the day. It doesn’t matter that I had no idea I should have been celebrating. I had already made plans when I heard the news. So I messed up and take full responsibility.

But I will make up for it today. Today I will bake that bread, feed a bird bread crumbs and maybe even try Bread Painting.
I will make my wheat/rye bread and try Brioche again.

And it looks like it is not just a US holiday. As far as I can tell at least the UK and India also celebrate the day.

So let’s all get our yeast and flour out and go make bread. A day late is not necessarily a loaf short.

Food.com brioche
Brioche. Photo borrowed from Food.com.

3 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

I'll have to wait until I get back from the Cities. Put it on your calendar and then let me know, too.

John Going Gently said...

I need to make an effort and and bake a little more.....
I will put it on my list of 1000 more things to do

Gail V said...

Hey Candy
I haven't read blogs for a while. And there you go making me want to eat treats! See you soon (whenever that dang Stearns sends me my sheepskins!). Hope you enjoy your holidays.