Summer Dew Point

Monday, January 4, 2010

On the Road Again

Good morning everyone. Isn't it a beautiful morning? What a way to start the New Year; only -20 degrees at Windom, the closest weather station for my Weather Bug online.

This is just a quick note to let you know I am heading out to work again. This time I will be working as a receptionist in Daughter Brook’s town and will be living with her. It is close enough to home that I will be able to be here on weekends, schedule and weather permitting.

If I can get my laptop computer to work, I will still be writing some blogs and getting my emails. And I will be spending my free time knitting and spinning. Yes, my wheel Belle is going with me and I’m taking Maple’s locks to spin. I only have about 800 more yards to spin before I start my shawl.

Plied and ready
Plied and ready for the edging.

And speaking of shawls, I can now show the graduation shawl I was knitting before Christmas. My friend Nancy has changed her career in midlife and is now a nurse. I am so happy for her.

Graduation Shawl
This is the Knit Pick City Tweed Drop-Stitch Shawl.

It was my first drop stitch project and I found it very easy after the initial panic. So my next shawl project is going to be the Wool Peddler’s Shawl from the Folk Shawls book. Wish me luck.
I’ll close with a couple photos of my projects in progress.

Toe Up Progress
Toe up socks using the magic loop method.

Just Starting
Just starting Bella’s Mittens, also using the magic loop method. Notice the Christmas Harmony needles.

I hope you all stay warm in this arctic weather. I’ll be in touch.

2 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

I'll miss you, so will look forward to seeing you on weekends, sometimes, if you have time. Safe trip there, have fun and don't spend too much at Purple Iris.

Gail V said...

Cool cool knitting pictures, Candy! I haven't been reading blogs lately, am getting in a few this weekend. Lovely to see Maple wools in balls-- I look forward to seeing what you knit. She is, herself, looking lovely in her wool, and still, happily friendly. I hope the taxes are going well.